Helion Lodge #36 A.F. & A.M.
The Maquoketa Masons
History of Helion Lodge #36
Helion Lodge #36 was chartered by the Grand Lodge of Iowa on June 8, 1853. Our original lodge was located on the third floor of the D.H Anderson store building until 1902.
New Home of Helion Lodge #36 in 1903
Helion Lodge #36 found a new home in 1903 at the Brother C.M. Sanborn building near the corner of Main and Pleasant Streets.
Our Lodge Since 1973
In 1973, our lodge moved to our current building at 137 McKinsey Drive in Maquoketa.
An original depiction of the front of our lodge from 1973